The botox, that is the procedure with application of botulinum toxin, commonly called botox, has a very long history of application in aesthetic medicine.
Botox is a safe and very well-tested formulation that only works at the site of administration. Botoks injected locally inhibits muscle contraction, which leads to smoothing the so-called mimic wrinkles (occurring during muscle movement). After 6-8 months the blocked muscle fibers regenerate and the muscle regains its ability to contract. Due to botox injection, the muscle mass is also reduced, which can be used, among other things, to improve the shape of the face.
Botox injection is usually performed without analgesia. During the procedure the patient may experience a minor sensation of burning and inflating. Immediately after the procedure, do not lean the head (applies to the procedures regarding reduction of fascial mimic wrinkles). On the day of injection, do not go to the sauna, do sport and warm the treated region up.
Botox Warsaw – when to undergo the procedure
- reduction of horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, so called. “Lion’s wrinkles” (wrinkles between brows)
- reduction of “crow’s feet” (wrinkles around the eyes)
- the reduction of the size of the masseter muscle (bruxizm)
- reductions of cobbled chin
- correction of the falling mouth corners
- correction of the hooked nose
- elimination of wrinkles on the neck
- treatment of hyperhidrosis of feet, armpits and hands
- treatment of migraine headaches
Contraindications to botox
- pregnancy and lactation
- disorders in neuromuscular transmission (miastemia gravis, miopathy)
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- treatment with aminoglycosides
Procedure duration: up to 15 minutes.
The procedure does not require any preparation of the patient. The make-up is removed and the skin disinfected by the doctor in the surgery. Injections are performed in the chose regions of the skin with an insulin syringe. Immediately after the procedure do not lay down for several hours and do not undergo any procedures regarding face or massages for several days. The effect of a single procedure lasts from 4 to 8 months. The first effects of the procedure are observed after 3-4 days, while the maximum effect of botox is visible 2 weeks after the administration. In case of mimic wrinkles the procedure should be repeated every 6 – 8 months. Note that botox is not used to fill wrinkles, so it is sometimes necessary to additionally fill them with hyaluronic acid (especially in the case of very deep “lion’s wrinkle”).
Price of the procedure – wrinkles: from 300 PLN
Price of the procedure – hyperhidrosis: 1500 PLN
Convalescence time: several hours
Procedure duration: up to 30 minutes.