What is the volumetry with hyaluronic acid?
Volumetry with hyaluronic acid is known as face modeling without a scalpel or volumetric lifting. It enables to fill the face tissue that lost its volume and filling losses in subcutaneous tissue, which becomes atrophic over time. The atrophy results in dropping cheeks and promotes the formation of lines and drooping mouth corners.
Who is the right candidate for the procedure?
Volumetry with hyaluronic acid should be considered if:
- You have visible wrinkles above the upper lip
- You have dropping mouth corners
- You have dark circles under your eyes
- You have horizontal lines on the forehead
- You have numerous wrinkles between the eyebrows and the corners of the eyes (so-called Crow’s feet)
- You have visible nasolabial folds
Risk associated with theprocedure
The volumetric lifting involves such risks as:
- pain at the injection site
- minor itching in case of sensitive skin
The advantages of volumetry with hyaluronic acid
- non-surgical procedure
- significant enhancement of the cheekbones
- possibility of quick face modeling
- immediate effects
Disadvantages of volumetry with hyaluronic acid
- the procedure should be repeated
- slight discomfort caused by injections
What does the procedure look like?
The whole procedure lasts approx. 90 minutes. An anesthetic cream is applied about an hour before the procedure. After this time, the preparation consisting of a crystalline, plastic gel is injected into the subcutaneous tissues. The substance is injected with thin needles and thus, injections are not so painful. Immediately after injection, the preparation begins to bind water, therefore increasing the volume of a particular face area.
The procedure does not require a significant recovery. However, remember to avoid solarium and sauna for a minimum of two weeks.
The effects of the procedure are visible immediately. In order to maintain the best results, the procedure should be repeated regularly. Most patients decide to undergo subsequent injections after 6-12 months.